Using the test
Get COVID-19 and Flu test results with at-home lab technology
Using LUCIRA® by Pfizer COVID-19 & Flu Home Test
What’s in the box.
The test kit contains everything needed to perform one (1) LUCIRA® by Pfizer COVID-19 & Flu Home Test:
- 2 AA batteries
- 1 test unit
- 1 sample vial
- 1 sterile nasal swab
- 1 disposal bag
For the test to work properly, it is important to read the instructions and follow each step.
Perform your at-home test with LUCIRA® by Pfizer in 3 steps.
Choose a location where the test can be left alone for 30 minutes.
- Open Pouch 1 containing the testing device and insert the batteries (2 AA) when you are ready to perform the test. The Ready light should turn on
- Open Pouch 2 containing the sample vial. Remove the sample vial seal and gently set the vial into the test unit (do not push down)
- You must swab both nostrils for the test to work properly. An adult must swab children aged 2 to 13 years
- Remove the swab and hold the handle end in your hand (do not set it down), then tilt your head back and fully insert the swab tip into the nostril until you feel resistance
- Roll the swab 5 times around the inside of the nostril, making sure the swab touches the walls of the nostril as you rotate. Then repeat for the other nostril
- Insert the swab into the sample vial until it touches the bottom, and stir it around the sample vial 15 times. Discard the swab after stirring
- Snap the lid of the sample vial closed and press the vial down into the tester until you hear a click. The test is running when the Ready light is blinking
- The Ready light will continue blinking while the test is running. A positive result may display while the test is still running, but you must wait until the test is done after 30 minutes to check the results
Understanding results from LUCIRA® by Pfizer.
Wait 30 minutes for the Ready light to turn off. Result lights will then show results for all 3 respiratory viruses.
Reading LUCIRA® by Pfizer Test Results
Wait 30 minutes for the Ready light to turn off
Positive results light up on the right.
Negative results light up on the left.
Positive and negative lights blink simultaneously if the result is invalid.*
After the test is complete, dispose of the test and materials.
After use, remove the batteries, place the test unit in the plastic disposal bag, and dispose of all test kit materials in the trash. Do not allow the test unit to come into contact or be disposed of with bleach, as harmful gases could be emitted as a result.
*If you receive any invalid results, retest or contact Pfizer at 1-888-LUCIRA-4 (582-4724) to obtain a free replacement test.